Natalie Imbruglia is an incredibly gifted songwriter who is getting better with time from a songwriting perspective.
- “Happy songs are very difficult to write. How many truly great upbeat songs are there?” – Natalie Imbruglia
- “Isolation is a big part of songwriting.” – Natalie Imbruglia
- “It’s much easier to write when you’re sad. But you can end up isolated and depressed because you almost need to put yourself in that situation to have that angst to write from.” – Natalie Imbruglia
- “I realised I had to really think about the singing thing again, which was very scary, and I started song writing.” – Natalie Imbruglia
- “I wasn’t born with a natural talent for songwriting.” – Natalie Imbruglia
- “I think if you’re writing with a broken heart you’ll write a certain type of song, but I don’t think that it’s better.” – Natalie Imbruglia
- “My husband just said, I’m going to write a song for you, and went off and did it all in a day, I couldn’t believe it. It’s called Satisfied.” – Natalie Imbruglia